In our last article, we explored some of the necessary components of hiring a property management company. In any homeowners’ association, the to-do list can be overwhelming, and sometimes that volunteers don’t have the time to dedicate to effectively run the show. Therefore, in this blog, we’re taking it a step further and offering some insights into how to effectively interview a potential match. Most importantly, protect your association with a customized LA HOA Insurance policy to mitigate loss and curb financial responsibility.
The first skill set to focus on is their communication skills, and more specifically, their availability. Inquire about their office hours, how they prefer to be reached, and how often they communicate with their clients.
Practical and problem-solving skills.
According to All Property Mangement, some key questions to ask in these fields are:
- How do you price properties?
- Do you have experience dealing with difficult tenants?
- Tell me about a time when you’ve had to deal with a disruptive tenant. What steps did you take to remedy the situation?
- What percentage of past tenants have you had to evict?
- How does the evictions process work in this state?
Experience in the field.
This is the most straightforward questioning of the interview. Be sure to include the following questions:
- How long have you managed properties?
- Have you received formal training?
- What are the best and most challenging components of the job?
About Scott Litman Insurance Agency
At Scott Litman Insurance Agency, we are dedicated to protecting HOAs like yours. We have a unique understanding of the industry and the common risk exposures that you face in your daily operations. In fact, we find that 90% of the policies we review are missing coverages that violate the Covenants, Conditions, and Restrictions (CC&R), exposing the board, HOA and management to lawsuits – which is why our comprehensive policies are tailored to meet your specific needs at competitive prices. For more information about our products, contact our experts today at (818) 879-5980 ext. 201, or fill out our online form.